JESE Saukuru has been reinstated as Minister for Youth and Sports after being cleared of all criminal allegations linked to Fiji Sports Council (FSC) travel and contra arrangements.
Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka confirmed to this newspaper that investigations into Mr Saukuru had been completed, and that nothing criminal had been found. “Investigations into Mr Saukuru have been completed, all matters administratively corrected,” Mr Rabuka said.
“The report concerning (FSC CEO Gilbert) Vakalalabure is now before the Fiji Sports Council.”
Mr Saukuru was dismissed from Cabinet on March 7, 2026 following allegations of abuse of office and misuse of funds linked to Fiji Sports Council travel and contra arrangements.
In Mr Saukuru’s case, the questions included travel linked to a grassroots sevens tournament in New Zealand, including claims that his wife’s business-class airfare, as well as Mr Vakalalabure’s wife’s travel, was covered through the FSC arrangement.
Police later confirmed an official complaint had been lodged involving Mr Saukuru and Mr Vakalalabure and said it would work with the Office of the Auditor-General as part of the investigation.
Mr Saukuru was later dismissed by Mr Rabuka, exactly one month after he said he was prepared to repay his wife’s airfare if there was an issue with the travel arrangement.
The matter concerning Mr Vakalalabure is now expected to be considered by the Fiji Sports Council board.


