NeXTGEN Alliance Party re-applies for registration

Listen to this article:

Members of the Proposed NGAP with their submissions to the Registrar of Political Parties Ms Ana Mataiciwa. – FEO

The proposed NeXTGEN Alliance Party has resubmitted its application for registration to the Registrar of Political Parties after its earlier bid was rejected last year.

The Fijian Elections Office confirmed that the party lodged a fresh application today with Registrar of Political Parties Ana Mataiciwa.

According to Ms Mataiciwa, the party’s previous application submitted on November 21, 2025, was rejected after it failed to meet the minimum membership requirements in the Northern, Western and Central divisions.

“The FEO is now preparing to publish the party’s application in a newspaper and in the Gazette, as required under the Political Parties (Registration, Conduct, Funding and Disclosures) Act 2013. Once the publication is made, the objections period will officially open,” Ms Mataiciwa said.

Under the law, members of the public will have the opportunity to submit written objections regarding the party’s application during the objections period.

The FEO said all objections would be assessed within seven days after allowing the proposed party an opportunity to respond.

The office said both the objectors and the applicant party would then be informed of the final decision.

The Elections Office said the party’s application would undergo a full compliance assessment under the Political Parties (Registration, Conduct, Funding and Disclosures) Act 2013 before any decision is made on approval or rejection.

“The FEO reiterates the importance of transparency and public participation in the political party registration process. It ensures that all proposed parties meet the legal requirements and that the public has the opportunity to engage meaningfully,” the statement said.