Former FijiFirst general secretary Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum has denied allegations that he and former Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama did not declare all of their assets to the Fijian Elections Office before participating in any of the general elections.
“I think those complaints are superfluous,” he told the media yesterday.
“That is my view because we have been down this path before. We have people from overseas making all kinds of complaints.
“You guys (media) are not scrutinising any of that. You are simply regurgitating all of it as I have said to you before.
“Of course, they are not true.
“All our declarations had been made correctly.”
He said a Departure Prohibition Order had also been served on him while investigations were being carried out.
“I received a DPO from FICAC last Saturday. It is a DPO that lasts for a month.”
A complaint was lodged against Mr Sayed-Khaiyum and Mr Bainimarama by Australian resident Alexandra Forwood earlier this month.
Ms Forwood alleged that the pair had not declared some of their assets before the general elections in 2022.
Acting Supervisor of Elections Ana Mataiciwa had said an inquiry into the matter would take several weeks.


