Gas inhalation lands 12 people in New Caledonia hospital

12 people have been taken to hospital in New Caledonia after inhaling carbon monoxide. Photo: RNZI/ Johnny Blades

12 people have been taken to hospital in New Caledonia after inhaling carbon monoxide.

According to firefighters, the 12 employees of a catering business in suburban Noumea suffered headaches and drowsiness, and vomitted.

They were rescued and given oxygen before being rushed to hospital for further examination.

The source of the gas was not immediately known.

More Stories