From the Editor-in-Chief’s desk: Your August 9 briefing
9 August, 2022, 6:40 am
The big one on the front page of The Fiji Times’ edition for Tuesday, August 9 is about politics, and the revelation that the Superviso of Elections Mohammed Saneem has referred the National Federation Party to the Fiji Independent Commission Against Corruption (FICAC) for failing to remove a video from the NFP’s Facebook page.
The second report is on women’s rugby.
Here are some headlines in The Fiji Times.
- SODELPA names 6 candidates
- The Fijian Elections Office [‘FEO’] is currently in the process of approving the public areas designated for placement of campaign materials for the 2022 General Election.
- GOUNDERS Shipping owner, George Gounder says he will investigate the presence of two graveyards dating back to 1925 located on a piece of land at Ellington, Rakiraki.
- THERE have been mixed reactions to the recent hike in minivan fares.
- SOCIAL Democratic Liberal Party leader Viliame Gavoka commended the indigenous women in Fijian society and those of other ethnicities around the world for being the backbone of their communities.
- SODELPA says it is “appalling that the FijiFirst Government does not intend to ratify or adopt the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of the Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP).”
- THE Small farming and agro-processing program by the Ministry of Agriculture is expected to improve efficiency for farmers.
- MORE than 5 tonnes of marijuana kept as exhibits from 2018 – 2021 were destroyed at the Kadavu police station.
- THE state is yet to locate a Seiko watch belonging to convicted murderer Mohammed Raheesh Isoof, the High Court in Lautoka heard.
- THE High Court in Suva says Congolese national Kiala Henri Lusaka knew exactly what he was doing when he murdered his wife, United Nations World Food Program staff member, Jennifer Ann Downes, in their Suva flat in July 2019.
- PACIFIC Sprint King Banuve Tabakaucoro believes Fiji has a bright future on the tracks in the international arena.
- AS we count days to the 2022 Fiji Finals, the stage is set for yet another exciting and challenging athletics meet.
- PUNJAS and Sons Pte Ltd joined forces with the Special Olympics Fiji to host a successful National Talent Identification Games in Lautoka last Saturday.
THAT SPECIAL FEELING!
There’s something about feeling the newspaper in your hands, fresh and almost crispy! Maybe that’s not the right word! But have you thought about getting a copy daily at home, when you get up in the morning? To feel the newspaper in your hands… and a cuppa perhaps! Your very own copy!
Call our Circulation Department for subscription rates. Call us on phone: 3304111 and talk to Setaita, Jervis, Ropate or Shamal.
They may just have a rate that suits your budget! Think about it! They could organise the delivery of your newspaper fresh off the press every day, right to your doorstep.
No hassles, no worries!
Prefer to read the newspaper online? Then subscribe to the e-edition! There are simple instructions to follow to get to the daily edition!